Sunday, November 1, 2009

Coasters and Corndogs

A trip to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk isn't complete without a round or three of the dime toss game (pictured left). If you aim just right and land a dime in one of the glass dishes swirling by, you can take home your glass treasure. I remember the excitement as a kid, when I landed a dime right inside one of those seemingly precious nick-knacks...who knows after how many dollars worth of dime tosses. Sadly, I have worse aim these days. I didn't win anything during our June trip to Santa Cruz to celebrate my fiance's birthday. I did, however, get to spend some time at the beach and relive the exhilarating terror of the Giant Dipper Rollercoaster, a wooden coaster built in 1924. I also had the pleasure of indulging in a deep fried corn dog as we walked down the boardwalk back to our hotel. The mustard goes so well with the fried goodness of the dough. The dog itself is almost secondary to the whole thing. It was just as I remembered it as a child!























































No comments:

Post a Comment